COMMUNICATING FOR IMPACTS
Duration: 2 Days
- Self-discovery and critique
- Group exploration and facilitator led discussions
- Game based learning
- Practical exercises
- Best practice theory exploration
This high energy one day program is designed to focus on the foundation communication skills: listening, asking insightful questions, and recognizing the power non-verbal communication. Participants will learn how to build rapport using simple NLP techniques such as pacing and leading which can translate into positive results.
Participants will learn how to combine voice tone, body language with language that engages others. Using a four point communications model, participant will be able to communicate their messages more clearly, confidently and effectively.
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Communicate clearly, confidently and assertively.
- Engage better with other by listening more effectively and asking insightful questions.
- Use techniques to build better rapport with others.
- Combine tone of voice, body language with the right language to communicate the intended message more clearly.
- Use four principles to communicate with impact.
Business professionals who wish to polish their communication skills
Module 1: How Well Do You Communicate?
- How well do you communicate?
- What makes a great communicator?
- Four basic principles of communication
Module 2: Personality Types
- Explain the benefits of knowing personality styles.
- Explain the behaviors as well as strengths and weaknesses of each personality style.
- Identify your own personality style.
- Identify how to work more effectively with each personality style while communicating.
Module 3: Use Engaging Language
- Focus on behavior, not personality
- Be specific
- “I” messages and owning your language
Module 4: Use the Power of Questions
- Controlling a conversation
- Different types of questions
- The questioning funnel
Module 5: Use Active Listening
- Evaluate your listening skills
- Listening and empathy
- Active listening
- How to listen better
Module 6: Use Non-Verbal Communication and Build Rapport
- Importance of rapport
- Matching non-verbal communication
- Importance of body language