PROFESSIONAL SELLING SKILLS
- Self-discovery and critique
- Group exploration and facilitator led discussions
- Practical exercises
- Best practice theory exploration
This two day extensive sales training program explores the right skill and mind sets for a professional sales person. Many sales people fall into the trap of talking too much. They can’t wait to tell customers about all the features or benefits of their product/service or how great their company is. This is not the best approach to sales. In this class, participants will learn essential sales skills, from controlling the conversation and asking the right questions to uncovering customer needs and adjusting the message accordingly.
At the core of this program is a more effective and more professional sales approach. This approach depends on asking a series of questions in a specific order. It will enable participants to find out their customers’ needs, uncover problems, and ask questions that help the customer realize the problem he hasn’t been paying attention to is now too big to ignore.
Moreover, many salespeople have a single, preferred style of selling that works with some buyers but not others. Perhaps they use the strategy of making friends with customers. While this works sometimes, there are certain buyers who just don’t like this approach at all. Part of this program will focus on dealing with buyers’ different personalities. Participants will learn how considering each buyer’s personality and modifying their selling style slightly to match each customer’s personality will help them close more sales.
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Explain the right skill and mind set a professional sales person must possess.
- Connect better with customers, overcome objections, and close sales confidently and effectively to achieve sales targets.
- Explain the four major behavioral styles and personality types and how to sell to each buyer type.
All sales people
Introduction to professional selling
- What is professional selling?
- The professional selling skill set and mind set
- Activity: The perfect sales person
Module 1: The professional selling skill set
- Controlling a conversation
- Using the power of questions
- The OPEN question selling technique
Module 2: Listen and know your FAB (skill set)
- The importance of listening
- Features, advantages, and benefits
- FTB Sales Technique
Module 3: Handle objections and close the sale (skill set)
- Types of objections
- Handling objections model (APAC)
- Handling the most common objection: price
- Nine closing techniques
- Cross-selling and up-selling
Module 4: The professional selling mind set
- The right state of mind to sell
- The more “No’s” you get
- Visualize your sale
- Know what you are selling inside and out
Module 5: Understanding buyer types and follow-up
- Personality styles
- What is your personality style
- Selling to different buyer types
- After the sale and follow-up